A Christmas Carol/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to A Christmas Carol, or pages that link to A Christmas Carol or to this page or whose text .
- Charles Dickens : (1812-70) English novelist and social critic; wrote the semi-autobiographical David Copperfield.
- Christmas : Winter holiday beginning on 25th December; originated as a pagan festival but was adopted by early Christians to observe the birth of Jesus, and today is a major international event regardless of religious background.
- Christmas carol : A song or hymn associated with Christmas.
- Novella : A work of prose fiction somewhere in length between a short story and a "full length" novel.
- Performances of A Christmas Carol: See catalogs
- Reading (performance) : An oral presentation of a written work, given in front of an audience.
- : Reporting on the mores and often the failings of a society. Used by journalists and particularly as a literary technique by novelists and other fiction writers.
- Social justice : The concept that all citizens should be allowed equal access to a society's benefits and equal treatment under both the spirit and the letter of the law.