| Jimmy Page: Session Man, Volume One
|| Studio compilation
|| Jimmy Page
| Release Date
|| 1963 - 1968.
|| Pop, rock, blues rock
|| 52 min 30 sec
|| Bomp! Records
|| AIPCD 1041
Jimmy Page: Session Man, Volume One is the first of a two volume unauthorised compilation album set, by English guitarist Jimmy Page, released in 1989.
These sessions, most of which were documented in the studio, were recorded between 1963 and 1968, before Page founded Led Zeppelin. The live recordings feature from the Yardbirds-era. The album itself claims to be 'Issued Under license from Jimmy Page International Fan club', although no such official fan club actually exists. It was released in both compact disc and vinyl format in 1989 by Bomp Records subsidiary Archive International Productions, not connected with a similarly-titled bootleg album from the 1970s. This release was followed by Jimmy Page: Session Man, Volume Two, in 1991.
- Chris Ravel and the Ravers - 'Don't You Dig This Kinda Beat' [August 1963] - 1:50
- The Zephyrs - 'Sweet Little Baby' [August 1963] - 2:39
- Pat Wayne with the Beachcombers - 'Roll Over Beethoven' [December 1963] - 2:57
- Carter-Lewis and the Southerners - 'Somebody Told My Girl' [October 1963] - 2:39
- Dave Berry and the Cruisers - 'My Baby Left Me' [January 1964] - 2:03
- The Brooks - 'Once In a While' [March 1964] - 2:38
- Mickie Most and the Gear - 'Money Honey' [March 1964] - 2:22
- Mickie Most and the Gear - 'That's Alright' [March 1964] - 2:09
- The Sneekers - 'I Just Can't Go to Sleep' [October 1964] - 1:57
- The First Gear - 'A Certain Girl' [October 1964] - 2:21
- The First Gear - 'Leave My Kitten Alone' [October 1964] - 2:22
- The Primitives - 'How Do You Feel' [January 1965] - 2:23
- Bobby Graham - 'Zoom, Widge and Wag' [January 1965] - 2:36
- Jimmy Page (solo) - 'She Just Satisfies' [February 1965] - 2:02
- Jimmy Page (solo) - 'Keep Movin' [February 1965] - 3:31
- The Mickey Finn - 'Night Comes Down' [March 1965] - 2:12
- The Pickwicks - 'Little By Little' [October 1965] - 2:28
- Lulu and the Luvvers - 'Surprise, Surprise' [April 1965] - 2:19
- The Yardbirds - 'Little Games' [BBC recording, 18 April 1967] - 2:30
- The Yardbirds - 'Most Likely You'll Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)' [BBC recording, 4 April 1967] - 2:56
- The Yardbirds - 'Dazed and Confused' [June 1967] - 3:36
- Jimmy Page – acoustic guitar, electric guitar, backing vocals, lead vocals on 'She Just satisfies'
- ↑ Case, George (2007). Jimmy Page: Magus, Musician, Man - An Unauthorized Biography, 1st. New York: Hal Leonard. ISBN 1-4234-0407-1.
- ↑ Zoso 1989