CZ:Policy on Self-Promotion
The Citizendium must not be used for self-promotion.
- You may not, even if you are a topic informant, start an article about yourself, or any company, organization, website, or other entity, especially marketable entity, with which you are closely associated. Such articles may be deleted summarily.
- Exceptions: students and teachers may start articles about their universities and schools, and any Citizen may edit the Citizendium article.
- You may not yourself add links to websites with which you are associated, you must request that others do this for you (e.g., on the article's talk page).
- If you wish to cite books or articles of your own in an article, ask an independent expert to do this for you.
- Do not edit articles about yourself, except to correct straightforward errors. If the Citizendium article about you brings you no joy, consult the Topic Informant Workgroup; do not take matters into your own hands. Note that while you may ask that an article about yourself be deleted, such a request would almost certainly have to be formally considered by the Citizendium Council.