- See also changes related to Westernization, or pages that link to Westernization or to this page or whose text .
- Globalization : The interaction of peoples, cultures, and businesses worldwide, which tend to overcome traditional national and cultural boundaries
- Modernization : Add brief definition or description
- International relations : Add brief definition or description
- Rejectionism (globalization) : A society's accepting neither Westernization nor modernization, such as Japan in the Edo Period before the Meiji restoration, or the Taliban today
- Kemalism (globalization) : A society's embracing both Westernizationand modernization in the context of local culture, as with Mustapha Kemal or Peter the Great
- Reformism (globalization) : A society not becoming part of a global civilization, but adapting the desirable parts, such as the Ching Dynasty motto of "Chinese learning for the fundamental principles, Western learning for practical use;" regards modernization as desirable but Westernization as not
- Muslim Brotherhood : An Islamic political group, formed in Egypt and increasingly part of the political system there, which has worldwide branches; it may be moving from a Salafist ideology to a more mulilateral one
- Social conservatism : A political ideology that holds to a belief in following cultural tradition and traditional, often religious morality.
- Meiji Restoration : Beginning in 1868, the major change in Japanese governance coming from the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate not only restoration of the monarchy as the real head of state, but also the modernization of the form of government from feudal to technical-bureaucratic, the end of the samurai class and the development of a national military
- Mustapha Kemal : Add brief definition or description