Vessel monitoring system/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Vessel monitoring system, or pages that link to Vessel monitoring system or to this page or whose text .
- Commercial fishing : The harvesting of edible marine life on a commercial basis, usually using purpose-built vessels and equipment
- Fisheries monitoring surveillance and control : The broadening of traditional enforcing national rules over fishing, to the support of the broader problem of fisheries management, from the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
- Food and Agriculture Organization : A policy, technical, and operational agency, under the auspices of the United Nations, which deals with agriculture, fisheries and forestry, as well as humanitarian relief of hunger
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System : Mandated by the Safety of Life at Sea convention of the International Maritime Organization system of digital radio and other systems for ships to receive alerts and signal search and rescue organizations when they are in distress.
- Global Navigation Satellite System : A system which allows small electronic devices to determine their location (Longitude, Latitude, and Altitude) as well as time with an accuracy of up to a few centimetres using time signals transmitted along a line of sight by radio from satellites.
- Search and rescue : The location of those in distress from natural, accidental, or hostile causes; on-scene medical stabilization and extrication; evacuation to treatment or other safe facilities