Tony Judt/Related Articles
Tony Judt: (1948-2010) Historian and director of the Remarque Institute at New York University and the author of Postwar: A History of Europe Since 1945; last book Ill Fares the Land; originally a Zionist who aroused controversy with support of a multiethnic one-state solution
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Zionism : The ideology that Jews should form a Jewish state in what is traced as the Biblical area of Palestine; there are many interpretations, including the boundaries of such a state and its criteria for citizenship
- One-state solution : A solution to the Israel-Palestine Conflict that combines the two entities into one country with a mutually agreed government
- Anti-Defamation League : A U.S. organization concerned generally with religious defamation and hate groups, but specifically with antisemitism and Zionism
- The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy : A controversial book by two American academics, suggesting that the relationship between the United States and Israel is dysfunctional, but affected by a loose but politically powerful set of interest groups in both countries
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Restructuring of the U.S. political right : A broad category of efforts to regain U.S. political dominance by various combinations of social, fiscal, and national security ideologies, generally seen as of the Right and possibly U.S. Republican Party, as opposed to the center-left position of the Barack Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress
- American liberalism : Add brief definition or description