Talk:Cat/Choosing a cat
This is another in a planned Citizendium series of pet care articles, that will aim to combine the collective wisdom of pet owners, breeders, vetinarians and shelter and animal rescue workers. ideally, everything will be scientifically accurate - but written in language that is plain, clear and fun. Anyone having their own pictures of cats, shelters, etc- their own work with no copyright infringement, that they will allow to be used in these (and other) Citizendium articles - is welcome to upload to a Image Bank- The Gallery of Domestic Animals page. Nancy Sculerati MD 12:28, 30 January 2007 (CST)
Looking for input!
I think that having articles in Citizendium that give practical information, like this one, are a good thing and so I keep writing. It's awfully lonely writing it alone. Anyone care to join me? Nancy Sculerati MD 19:45, 1 February 2007 (CST)
- Sorry Dr. S, the only stuff I really know about cats relate to how they reduce stress in their owners.
- I can't, Dr. S, I don't agree with "how to..." articles in an encyclopedia. There's too much else that needs to be written that answers "what is?".
- More importantly, "choosing a cat", "choosing a dog" is either extremely subjective--"Do I like Rag Dolls or Burmese best? or, the objective aspect is better answered elsewhere, i.e. what is a cat? :cat physiology, :kitten development, :hunting dogs, or whatever
- Aleta Curry 18:53, 3 May 2007 (CDT)
Cardboard box approach
I love it! Nancy Sculerati MD 16:41, 9 February 2007 (CST)
Out of curiosity, and because as cat lover and owner myself, one thing struck me. Are there no animal asylums as we know them? To put it bluntly they take care of found animals (no matter what kind) and all to often it seems a refuge for people to dumb their animals they either dont want anymore (holidays) or can't take care of anymore (elder homes often dont allow animals). How is that arranged elsewhere? Robert Tito | Talk 18:52, 9 February 2007 (CST)
- I think what you are calling an "animal asylum" might be essentially the same thing which I know of as an animal shelter. James F. Perry 16:09, 10 February 2007 (CST)