Systems theory (disambiguation)
This is a disambiguation page for the topic of systems theory. There is more than one version of this topic:
- Economic system: (i) Any complex interactive system that is engaged in the production and distribution of goods and services. (ii) As used to denote a particular way of organising an economy, such as a market economy, a command economy, or a mixed economy.
- General systems theory: Add brief definition or description
- Political system: Recursive structures for transforming existing values into political demands and supports which provoke authoritative decisions allocating values and lead to consequences which, in turn, provoke new patterns of demands and supports.
- Social systems: Add brief definition or description
- System: Set of functionally interacting, interrelated, or interdependent entities forming an integrated complex whole.
- Systems theory (engineering): The study of (complex) systems in engineering and interconnections among such systems. , a theory in the fields of engineering and mathematics
Systems theory (general)]]
- Ludwig Bertalanffy: Add brief definition or description
- Talcott Parsons: Twentieth Century Harvard sociologist who developed theories of structural functionalism and social systems, highlighted the role of professions and organizations in modern society and made numerous other contributions to understanding of social relations.
- : (1927-1998) Prominent German sociologist and social systems theorist who began as a student of Talcott Parsons and developed his own distinctive theoretical approach which put persons in the social environment rather than the social system.