Stop the War Coalition/Related Articles
Stop the War Coalition: UK-based anti-war group founded in the aftermath of the September 11 World Trade attacks in order to oppose American-led wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Tony Benn is the current President. Along with the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament and the Muslim Association of Britain, it organised the London march against the Iraq war on the 15 February 2003 which between 750,000 and a million people participated.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Tony Benn : Add brief definition or description
- George Galloway : British left-wing politician, formerly a Labour MP for Glasgow Hillhead, subsequently an MP for the Respect Party in Bethnal Green and Bow (2005-2010); widely known for his strong anti-war views
- Lindsey German : Add brief definition or description
- Caroline Lucas : Add brief definition or description
- Andrew Murray : Add brief definition or description
- Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament : Anti-nuclear organization that advocates unilateral nuclear disarmament.
- Muslim Association of Britain : Add brief definition or description
- Respect Party : Left-wing UK political party which campaigns against privatisation, unemployment, Islamophobia and war; usually referred to as simply 'Respect'; associated with George Galloway and the Stop the War Coalition.