State of Iran/Related Articles
- See also changes related to State of Iran, or pages that link to State of Iran or to this page or whose text .
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Wilayat al-faqih : A controversial concept in Shi'a Islam, "authority of the jurisprudent", developed by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini as the basis for clerical rule in Iran; by no means universally accepted by Iraqi and other Shi'a
- Sharia : The Muslim system of law and rule of conduct inspired by the Qur'an, the Sunna, traditional law systems, and the Hadiths.
- Shi'a : A Muslim who believes that the line of religious authority derives from the Household of the Prophet Muhammad (Ahl ul-bayt), through the line of his son-in-law, Imam Ali
- Theocracy : Add brief definition or description
- Supreme Leader of Iran : Executive, non-ceremonial head of state of Iran; is a cleric and rules under the authority of wilayat al-faqih; controls the military; currently Ali Khameini
- President of Iran : Head of government of the State of Iran; does not control the military; incumbent is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad