Quartier des Spectacles
- The content on this page originated on Wikipedia and is yet to be significantly improved. Contributors are invited to replace and add material to make this an original article.
With a total area of almost a square kilometre, the area will be home to 30 performance halls totalling almost 28,000 seats, including the Place des Arts cultural complex, as well as international festivals, art galleries and centres for the exhibition and broadcast of alternative culture. The Quartier des spectacles hosts nearly 8,500 jobs linked to cultural activities, from education and creation to production, exhibition and broadcasting.
New additions to the Quartier planned, underway or completed include:
- Place des festivals, a new urban square located on the "Balmoral Block" on Jeanne Mance Street, facing Place des Arts, which will become a focal point for outdoor events.
- Théâtre Telus, a 12,000-square-foot theatre, formerly the Berri Cinema. 
- Red Light, a new cultural centre at the corner of Sainte Catherine Street and Saint Laurent Boulevard. 
- An expansion to the Society for Arts and Technology.
- A new cultural space over the Saint-Laurent metro station, housing LADMMI, Les Ateliers de danse moderne de Montréal.
- A new lighting plan by Axel Morgenthaler. 
- Maison du festival de Jazz, occupying the former Blumenthal Building.
- Maison du développement durable, adjacent to the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde, only the second in building Canada to obtain the sustainable building certification LEED Platinum.
- Louis Bohème, a 28-storey condo tower, approved by the city despite objections from Montreal International Jazz Festival president Alain Simard.
- Neighbourhood (HTML). Quartier des spectacles, Official Web site. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- Place des festivals: construction begins (HTML). Quartier des Spectacles, Official Website. Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- Canada News Wire (2008-03-18). Théâtre TELUS - the new cultural destination in Montreal (HTML) (in English). Press release. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- DeWolf, Christopher. Turn on the red light, URBANPHOTO, 2007-12-23. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- New development for SAT (HTML). Quartier des Spectacles, Official Website. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- DeWolf, Christopher. Cultural space to be built on Saint-Laurent metro, Spacing Montreal, 2008-01-27. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- DeWolf, Christopher. Axel Morgenthaler on the Quartier des spectacles, Spacing Montreal, 2008-01-07. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- A new vocation for the Blumenthal Building (HTML). Quartier des Spectacles, Official Web site. Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- The greenest building in Canada,coming soon to the Quartier des spectacles (HTML). Quartier des Spectacles, Official Web site. Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- Lamey, Mary. Condos called catalyst for change in the Quartier des spectacles, Montreal Gazette, Canwest, 2007-09-28. Retrieved on 2008-04-20.
- Magder, Jason. Spectrum demolition approved, Montreal Gazette, Canwest, 2008-03-18. Retrieved on 2008-04-02.