- Infectious disease : In broad terms, diseases caused by living organisms; also a subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the treatment of such diseases
- Yersinia pestis : Gram-negative rod-shaped bacterium belonging to the family Enterobacteriaceae, that can infect humans and other animals in three main forms: pneumonic, septicemic, and the notorious bubonic plagues.
- Biological weapon : Living organisms, or substances produced by living organisms, used as weapons to produce death or disease in human or agricultural populations
- CDC Bioterrorism Agents-Disease list : Add brief definition or description
- Select Agent Program : Pathogens or biological toxins which have been declared by the US Department of Health and Human Services or by the US Department of Agriculture to have the potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety.