People's Army of Viet Nam/Related Articles
- See also changes related to People's Army of Viet Nam, or pages that link to People's Army of Viet Nam or to this page or whose text .
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam
- Le Duan : Effective political heir, as leader of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), when Ho Chi Minh's health declined. While he did not depose his internal rivals, he gained power over Vo Nguyen Giap and Truong Chinh.
- Truong Chinh : North Vietnamese Politburo member and political theorist, especially advocating agrarian land reform, class struggle, and the "political dau trinh" form of strategy rather than the more military form of Vo Nguyen Giap. Both were eclipsed in power by Le Duan.
- Nguyen Chi Thanh : Senior General in the People's Army of Viet Nam and commander of forces in South Vietnam; believed to have planned the General Offensive-General Uprising, but died in 1967, before its possible realization in the Tet Offensive
- Bui Tin : A Senior Colonel in the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving as a staff officer and a journalist for official publications, who was later exiled for his writings on the war
- Dong Sy Nguyen : People's Army of Viet Nam officer commanding operations of the Ho Chi Minh trail