This is a list of the available optimization software. The listed software is divided into freeware and proprietary software.
- ALGENCAN - Fortran code for general nonlinear programming with interfaces with AMPL, C/C++, CUTEr, Matlab, Python, and Octave.
- IOptLib - Investigative Optimization Library; BSD license.
- IPOPT - large scale nonlinear optimization for continuous systems, CPL
- L-BFGS - limited-memory quasi-Newton packages for large scale optimization, BSD-like license
- COIN-OR SYMPHONY - integer programming software, Common Public License
- CUTEr - testing environment for optimization and linear algebra solvers
- OpenOpt - a free numerical optimization toolbox developed in Pyrhon, BSD License
- Galahad library - free for academic use
- KNITRO - large-scale mathematical optimization problems. Freeware for non-commercial use.
- MINTO - integer programming solver using branch and bound algorithm. Freeware for personal use.
- CPLEX - integer, linear and quadratic programming.
- Inverse - a software framework for utilization of simulation environments for solution of optimization problems.
- modeFRONTIER - multidistciplinary design optimization software for computer-aided engineering.
- SNOPT - a package for solving large-scale optimization problems.
- TOMLAB - an optimization platform for solving applied optimization problems in MATLAB.
- TOMNET - a platform like TOMLAB in Microsoft .NET.