Open source/Related Articles
Open source: A common shorthand for open source software.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Software : Computer programs or documentation used as part of an operating system, distinct from hardware.
- Apache Software Foundation : Non-profit corporation (classified as 501(c)(3) in the United States) to support Apache software projects, including the Apache HTTP Server.
- Closed source software : Any type of software which is placed under a non-free license agreement.
- Free software : Software that can be used, studied, and modified without restriction; and redistributed under these terms.
- Free Software Foundation : Massachusetts-based non-profit organization founded by Richard Stallman to support the free software movement.
- Linux kernel : The core piece of the Linux operating system that controls processes, manages memory, and loads device drivers.
- Open Source Initiative : Add brief definition or description
- Bruce Perens : Add brief definition or description
- Eric S. Raymond : (1957—) Developer of and evangelist for open source software.
- Richard Stallman : Software engineer and hacker who founded the GNU project and Free Software Foundation.
- Linus Torvalds : Finnish software developer, famous for developing Linux, the free operating system kernel.