Neurosis: A term no longer used by scientists any more, it used to describe a set of psychological symptoms such as mental illness or emotional disorders marked by insecurity, anxiety, mild depression, but without serious psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations or delusions.
- Anxiety disorder : Add brief definition or description
- Hypochondriasis : Add brief definition or description
- Obsessive compulsive disorder : An anxiety disorder characterized by recurrent, persistent obsessions or compulsions. Obsessions are the intrusive ideas, thoughts, or images that are experienced as senseless or repugnant. Compulsions are repetitive and seemingly purposeful behavior which the individual generally recognizes as senseless and from which the individual does not derive pleasure although it may provide a release from tension.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder : Syndrome of persistent symptoms triggered by acute trauma.
- Mood disorder : Those disorders that have a disturbance in mood as their predominant feature.
- Personality disorder : A category of mental illness characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of thought and action, sometimes referred to as "fixed fantasies".
- Psychosis : A brain disorder characterized by severely distorted sensory perception.