Millennium Development Goals/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Millennium Development Goals, or pages that link to Millennium Development Goals or to this page or whose text .
- International economics : The study of the patterns and consequences of transactions and interactions between the inhabitants of different countries, including trade, investment and migration.
- Public health : Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Poverty : Human deprivation based on lack of material resources.
- Rural poverty : The factors of rural society, rural economy and rural political systems that give rise to the poverty found there.
- Millennium Challenge Act : United States enabling legislation for carrying out activities related to the UN Millennium Development Goals
- Democracy promotion : Policies, assistance, external organizations and even military action that contribute to the formation of democratic societies in previously authoritarian states; the means for funding such action
- World Bank : Collective name for the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and its affiliates: the International Finance Corporation, organized in 1950 to provide long-term project financing to developing countries; and the International Development Association, formed in 1960 to make long-term loans at low interest rates.
- G20 : Add brief definition or description
- Weak state : A nation whose government or institutions are unable, or unwilling, to provide a significant set of essential public services, including just and legitimate government, physical security, food and health, and minimal economic development; contrast with failed state, which provides essentially none
- America at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative Legacy : A 2006 book by Francis Fukuyama, examining the role of neoconservatism in American foreign policy, its execution by the George W. Bush Administration, and a proposed evolved political philosophy to replace it
- Center for Global Development : A think tank and interest group concerned with the interactions of globalization with the poorer countries of the world
- United Nations Development Programme : UN organization chartered with carrying out worldwide development goals, beginning with cutting world poverty in half by the year 2015