Microcytic anemia/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Microcytic anemia, or pages that link to Microcytic anemia or to this page or whose text .
- Erythrocyte : Blood cells that carry hemoglobin
- Anemia : A condition characterized by insufficient circulating and effective hemoglobin in blood to support normal physiology.
- Anemia of chronic disease : Anemia associated with chronic illness such as chronic infection, immune activation, or malignancy.
- Iron deficiency anemia : Anaemia resulting from a deficiency of iron, characterized by hypochromic microcytic erythrocytes and a normoblastic reaction of the bone marrow.
- Thalassemia : A group of hereditary hemolytic anemias in which there is decreased synthesis of one or more hemoglobin polypeptide chains (National Library of Medicine).
- Lead poisoning : Add brief definition or description
- Sideroblastic anemia : Anemia characterized by the presence of erythroblasts, in the bone marrow, containing excessive deposits of iron