Landing Ship Tank/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Landing Ship Tank, or pages that link to Landing Ship Tank or to this page or whose text .
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Tank (military) : A large land combat vehicle that moves on continuous tracks rather than wheels, has its primary armament in a rotating armored turret, is armored against more than small arms fire, and, while it can be extremely effective in many combat situations, is optimized to kill other tanks
- Amphibious Ready Group : A group of amphibious warfare ships that can carry a U.S. Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) or U.K. Royal Marine Commando
- Landing craft, mechanized : Moderately large landing craft used in amphibious warfare to transport tanks and other heavy equipment from the transport ships to the beach
- Landing Craft Utility : A large landing craft type that is not tightly dependent on an amphibious warfare ship for support, but can sail for 10 days as a coastal transport
- Landing Craft Air Cushion : Add brief definition or description
- Landing Ship Dock : A seagoing amphibious warfare ship with a well deck that can be flooded to let landing craft enter and leave under their own power, but without the ability to operate large numbers of helicopters
- Landing Platform Dock : (LPD) Large amphibious warfare ships with both an internal dock that can be flooded to allow smaller landing craft to swim out, as well as a flight deck for helicopters and STOVL aircraft