Lakhdar Brahimi/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Lakhdar Brahimi, or pages that link to Lakhdar Brahimi or to this page or whose text .
- Algeria : North African republic that constitutionally recognises Islam plus Arab and Berber ethnic groups; second-largest African nation, population about 34,000,000.
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Global Leadership Foundation : An international group of individuals who have been heads of government or high-level officials, with the goal of advising new national leaders to prevent the mistakes of the past
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Iraqi Governing Council : Advisory body created in 2003 by the Coalition Provisional Authority
- L. Paul Bremer : Retired American Foreign Service Officer and counterterrorism specialist who was Presidential Envoy to Iraq in 2003-2004, running the Coalition Provisional Authority
- Interim Iraqi Government : While UN-appointed pending elections, the first Iraqi sovereign government following the Gulf War
- Ahmed Chalabi : An Iraqi politician, who spent much of his time in exile or in Kurdistan, who has declining influence in the current situation but is still regarded as well-connected
- Kofi Annan : Former Secretary-General of the United Nations; trustee, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; board, International Crisis Group
- Fouad Ajami : M. Khadduri Professor of Middle Eastern Studies, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University; Trustee, Council on Foreign Relations; board member, Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA), Middle East Forum; Vice Chairman, Academic Council, Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa
- Indonesia : A country in Southeast Asia.
- Arab League : Add brief definition or description