James L. Jones (general)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to James L. Jones (general), or pages that link to James L. Jones (general) or to this page or whose text .
- Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs : Principal White House staff adviser on foreign policy and defense matters to the President of the United States, usually coordinating the major agencies; statutory member of the National Security Council and the chief of its staff; the incumbent is James L. Jones
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Commandant of the Marine Corps : Senior uniformed officer of the United States Marine Corps and member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; responsible for doctrinal development, and preparing and training forces, for deployment to Unified Combatant Commands
- United States European Command : U.S. Unified Combatant Command with responsibility for Europe and some nearby areas, such as the Mediterranean Sea; United States Africa Command is a subcommand
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization : Intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
- John Brennan : Counterterrorism and intelligence adviser to President Barack Obama
- Douglas Lute : Lieutenant General, United States Army, who is one of the three principal White House military advisers about Afghanistan and Iraq to President Barack Obama; he is as Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan; married to Jane Holl Lute, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security.
- Hillary Clinton : U.S. Secretary of State (2009-2013); Senator for New York (2001-2009); U.S. presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, 2016 (contender, 2008); former First Lady (born 1947).
- John McCain : (1936–) Republican Senator from Arizona (1986–) and the Republican presidential candidate in 2008; ranking minority member, Senate Armed Services Committee; member ex officio, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation