Irish traditional music/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Breathnach, Breandán. Folk Music and Dances of Ireland. Cork, Ireland: Mercier, 1971, 1977; Ossian, 1996.
- Ó Canainn, Tomás. Traditional Music in Ireland. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1978; Cork, Ireland: Ossian, 1993.
- Ó hAllmhuraín, Gearóid. A Pocket History of Irish Traditional Music. Dublin: O'Brien, 1998.
- Vallely, Fintan, ed. The Companion to Irish Traditional Music. Cork, Ireland: Cork University Press, 1999; New York: New York University Press, 1999. Includes a 16-page discography.
- White, H. (1984). "The Need for a Sociology of Irish Folk Music. A Review of Writings on 'Traditional' Music in Ireland, with Some Responses and Proposals". International Review of the Aesthetics and Sociology of Music 15 (1): 3-13.