Grand Trunk Railway/Bibliography
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Canada. Legislature. Legislative Assembly. Special Committee on the Condition, Management and Prospects of the Grand Trunk. Report. 1857.
- Baskerville, Peter. "Americans in Britain’s Backyard: The Railway Era in Upper Canada, 1850–1880," Business History Review 55 (1981): 314–36.
- Carlos, Ann M. and Frank D. Lewis. "The Creative Financing of an Unprofitable Enterprise: The Grand Trunk Railway of Canada, 1853-1881." Explorations in Economic History 32, no. 3 (1995): 273-301.
- Currie, A. W. The Grand Trunk Railway of Canada. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1957.
- A great starting place for an overall history of the GTR.
- Hofsommer, Don L. Grand Trunk Corporation: Canadian National Railways in the United States, 1971-1992. Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 1995.
- A good book for GTR operations in the United States.
- Google Books limited preview
- Leonard, Frank. A Thousand Blunders: The Grand Trunk Pacific Railway and Northern British Columbia. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, 1996.
- MacKay, Donald. The People's Railway: A History of Canadian National. Vancouver, BC: Douglas & McIntyre, 1992.
- Covers the Canadian National years.