- See also changes related to Government, or pages that link to Government or to this page or whose text .
- Political philosophy : Branch of philosophy that deals with fundamental questions about politics.
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Anarchism : Doctrine that all forms of government are undesirable and should be abolished.
- Civil liberties : A concept very similar to that of human rights, the concept and/or its scope often being contentious.
- Democracy : A form of government in which ultimate sovereignty rests with the people.
- Monarchism : A state ruled by a monarchy – an unelected, sovereign individual head of state - or support for such a state.
- Republicanism : The political ideology of a nation as a republic, with an emphasis on liberty, rule by the people, and the civic virtue practiced by citizens.
- Social contract : Agreement among the members of an organized society or between the governed and the government defining and limiting the rights and duties of each.