George Herbert/Related Articles
- See also changes related to George Herbert, or pages that link to George Herbert or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- English literature : Literature of the British isles written in English.
- Poetry : A form of literary work which uses rhythm, metre, and sound elements (such as assonance or dissonance) to structure, amplify, and in some instances supplant the literal meanings of words.
- Metaphysical poets : English 17th century poets known for their wit; they included Donne, George Herbert and Marvell.
- Anglicanism : the religious tradition of the Church of England and the other autonomous members of the Anglican Communion.