Forti v. Suarez Mason/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Forti v. Suarez Mason, or pages that link to Forti v. Suarez Mason or to this page or whose text .
- International law : The formal conduct of interactions between nation-states, both at the national level and on behalf of their citizens; generally accepted as first formalized by Hugo Grotius.
- Hostis humani generis : A legal principle that certain acts, such as piracy, slavery and genocide, puts one outside the norms of civilization and makes one an "enemy of all mankind", subject to early forms of universal jurisdiction or summary action
- International extradition : The process by which one country asks the overt judicial system of another country to surrender, to the first country, a person resident in the second, to face criminal proceedings in the first country
- Extraordinary rendition : A process in which a Requesting State may gain custody of a person held by another state, without going through a formal judicial process of international extradition, but not necessarily secretly or with no administrative hearing
- Torture : The infliction of mental or physical pain, for punishment or as an interrogation technique.