Final Solution/Related Articles
Final Solution: (in German Endlösung) Nazi policy, promulgated at the Wannsee Conference, that culminated The Holocaust by calling for "physical extermination" as the "Final Solution to the Jewish Problem"
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- The Holocaust : Nazi Germany's systematic economic exploitation, followed by killing, of European Jews and others deemed racial and ideological enemies
- Wannsee Conference : Nazi meeting in January 1942 to plan the killing of 11 million Jews of Europe, now known as the Holocaust.
- WVHA : The economic and administrative organization of Nazi Germany's SS, whose responsibilities included the actual operation of concentration camps
- Oswald Pohl : SS-Obergruppenfuehrer, Waffen SS; Head of the SS WVHA; and its Amtsgruppe W; executed by verdict of the Pohl Case (NMT)
- Christian Wirths : (1881-1944) German police official; Inspector of Concentration Camps in the WVHA, overall manager of the Nazi concentration camp and extermination camp program; shifted to field operations of genocide and was killed by guerillas on Trieste in 1944
- Concentration camp : A camp where civilians, enemy aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes unwanted ethnic groups are detained and confined under extremely harsh conditions (including the murder of the detainees as during the Holocaust in Nazi Germany).
- Extermination camp : Totenlager A subset of six Nazi concentration camps in The Holocaust, designed principally for killing ideological and racial undesirables as part of the Final Solution
- RSHA : Nazi Germany's Reich Main Security Organization, a division of the SS, first headed by Reinhard Heydrich and then Ernst Kaltenbrunner; included the Gestapo and SD
- Adolf Eichmann : A key leader in the planning and operation of the Holocaust, who escaped Germany but was subsequently apprehended by Israeli agents in Argentina, and tried and executed by an Israeli court