Emergency medical technician/Related Articles
Emergency medical technician: Personnel trained to provide basic (or more advanced) emergency care and life support under the supervision of physicians and/or nurses. These services may be carried out at the site of the emergency, in the ambulance, or in a health care institution; the ability to function under field conditions is essential.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Emergency medical system : Under physician control, a system beginning with methods for invoking it, delivering field medicine and transporting patients by emergency medical technicians, emergency physician response and triage
- Ambulance : Add brief definition or description
- Artificial respiration : Any method of artificial breathing that employs mechanical or non-mechanical means to force the air into and out of the lungs.
- Control of hemorrhage : Add brief definition or description
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation : An emergency medical procedure for a victim of cardiac arrest.
- Defibrillator : Medical device which applies brief high-voltage electric shock to the heart, to restore a proper rhythm.
- Emergency medicine : Emergency medicine is both a specific medical specialty dealing with the proper care of patients with unexpected injuries or disease, but also the provision of entire systems for such care, beginning with minimal bystander assistance, through field medicine, emergency rooms and trauma centers, and movement to specialized facilities such as burn units and interventional neuroradiology