- Visual arts : Creative fields that produce works primarily experienced through the sense of sight.
- Charcoal (art) : A drawing technique that uses soft, black or dark gray, carbon to draw lines and shading on textured paper
- Pastel : A visual arts technique principally using pigments compressed with chalk or wax binders, applied to textured paper, and frequently blended on the surface, so that the result is somewhere between a line drawing and a painting
- Pencil : An instrument used for writing or drawing and which employs a dry medium, typically a compound based on graphite, or, if a colored pencil, a mixture of pigments and a binder
- Pen (art) : Add brief definition or description
- Calligraphy : Writing as a visual art, the name meaning beautiful writing (from the Greek κάλλος kallos "beauty" and γραφή graphẽ "writing").
- Drafting : Add brief definition or description
- Painting : Art consisting of representational, imaginative, or abstract designs produced by application of coloured paints or pigments to a two-dimensional, prepared, surface.