Director of National Intelligence/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Director of National Intelligence, or pages that link to Director of National Intelligence or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Director of National Intelligence. Needs checking by a human.
- Aafia Siddique : A Pakistani citizen and scientist, held in extrajudicial detention for five years for alleged terrorist ties, who is in proceedings at the U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of New York, based on Federal Bureau of Investigation reports that she shot a U.S. officer and had documents and materials that may have been intended to cause explosions. Pakistani government representatives regularly attend the court.
- Admiral : The highest rank in a navy, or the name of the group of "flag officer" grades (e.g., vice admiral)
- Afghanistan War (2001-), major combat phase : During the Afghanistan War (2001-), the period of combat by Afghan ground forces, with U.S. and British air & special operations support, which drove the Taliban and al-Qaeda from their bases, in October through December 2001
- Ambassador : An individual of the highest diplomatic rank, most commonly the representative of the head of state of his or her government to the head of state of the country to which the ambassador is accredited.
- Argentina : Second largest South American country; speaks Spanish.
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (U.S. state) (born 1961).
- CIA activities in Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Comitato interministeriale per la sicurezza della Repubblica : Italy's interministerial committee for the security of the Republic, a top-level body similar to the U.S. Director of National Intelligence
- Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction : A bipartisan commission that, after the failure to find weapons of mass destruction after the Iraq War, conducted a broad assessment of the capabilities and deficiencies of the United States intelligence community to detect future threats, and made recommendations for improvement
- Compartmented control system : A set of controls, in addition to a regular national security classifications, that adds additional security restrictions to especially sensitive information
- Counterterrorism Center : A Central Intelligence Agency organization, unusual for the days before the 9-11 attack in that it mixed personnel from the operations and analytical directorates, as well from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Headed by Cofer Black; replaced by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Critical infrastructure : Those private, local government, and national government function necessary for the continuing operation of a society
- Dennis Blair : Director of National Intelligence in the Obama administration; Deputy Executive Director and Guiding Coalition, Project for National Security Reform; retired Admiral, United States Navy; only destroyer captain known to have water-skied behind his warship
- Director of Central Intelligence : Formerly, the U.S. official that headed both the Central Intelligence Agency and the United States intelligence community; the responsibility is now split between the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (currently Leon Panetta) and the Director of National Intelligence (currently Dennis Blair)
- Director of the Central Intelligence Agency : After the Director of National Intelligence was created to head the overall United States intelligence community, the official responsible for the remaining functions of the Central Intelligence Agency in intelligence analysis and research into intelligence methodology, clandestine human-source intelligence and some covert action
- Executive Schedule (U.S. government) : Add brief definition or description
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S. : Situations where the Executive Branch of the United States government has detained individuals without the authority of the judicial branch of government; there have been many cases going back to through the early history of the nation, sometimes during overt war, and, perhaps better known at present, directed against non-national threats.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation : The principal U.S. Federal police agency, part of the U.S. Department of Justice and the United States intelligence community, who has arrest authority, and is the primary authority for a variety of domestic crimes, civilian counterespionage within the United States, and organized crime
- General : In current military organizations, the highest military rank (although the naval equivalent is admiral); also used in the sense of general officer, the highest grade of ranks of which this is the highest
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Human-source intelligence : (HUMINT); the practice of acquiring information through interactions with people who can disclose relevant information, including but not limited to espionage, interrogation, debriefing and elicitation
- Intelligence analysis management : the process of managing and organizing the analytical processing of raw intelligence information into finished intelligence
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Intellipedia : Add brief definition or description
- Italian intelligence and security services : Add brief definition or description
- Michael Hayden : Add brief definition or description
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States of America : Add brief definition or description
- National Intelligence Council : Add brief definition or description
- National intelligence organizations : Add brief definition or description
- Obama administration : Add brief definition or description
- Open source intelligence : Add brief definition or description
- Operational Preparation of the Environment : Add brief definition or description
- Presidential Decision Directive 39 : Add brief definition or description
- Secret Intelligence Service : Add brief definition or description
- Terrorism and U.S. Intelligence : Add brief definition or description
- Torture : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence activities in Africa : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence activities in Argentina : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence activities in the Americas : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence and global health : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence and transnational counterproliferation activities : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence and transnational crime and drugs : Add brief definition or description
- Unconventional warfare (United States doctrine) : Add brief definition or description
- United States cabinet : Add brief definition or description
- United States intelligence community : Add brief definition or description
- War on terror : Add brief definition or description