Diego Garcia/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Diego Garcia, or pages that link to Diego Garcia or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Diego Garcia. Needs checking by a human.
- Abu Musab al-Suri : A theoretician, associated with the design of the current al-Qaeda cell system, of Syrian ancestry, in al-Qaeda and Syrian Jamaat e Jihal al Suri; identified by Jamal al-Fadl; may be in unacknowledged U.S. or Syrian custody and has been indicted by Spain
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- B-2 Spirit (bomber) : U.S. long-range, low-observability "stealth" heavy bomber
- Bomber aircraft : Airplanes optimized to deliver weapons to surface targets, rather than to fight other airplanes.
- British Indian Ocean Territory : A group of islands in the Indian Ocean, of which only Diego Garcia, a major UK-US military base, is inhabited.
- Combat loading : A method of loading cargo into ships that will carry it to amphibious landing sites, such that can be unloaded in a manner optimized to meet the operational needs of combat rather than maximizing the utilization of the ship's cargo space
- Eighth Air Force : The organization currently "owning" the bombers, information operations, and most intelligence aircraft of the United States Air Force; it conducted strategic bombing against Germany in the Second World War
- Prepositioning ship : Military cargo ships, normally in squadrons of several vessels, that are prepositioned at secure forward locations, in order to speed delivery of sustainment supplies to the initial forces landed by air or from combat amphibious warfare ships.
- Royal Air Force : The British military service primarily responsible for air warfare
- Soviet support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet technical assistance and sales of military and dual-use equipment, beginning in approximately 1975, to Iraq, and continuing through the Iran-Iraq War; the Soviet Union and France were the leading military suppliers to Iraq
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- United States Transportation Command : The single point of contact and operations for transportation services, by land, air, and sea, for the U.S. Department of Defense