Eighteenth Air Force
Eighteenth Air Force commands assigned forces, provides air mobility forces (airlift and air refueling) and support forces to combatant commanders through United States Transportation Command, and acts as its Commander, Air Force Forces (COMAFFOR), and Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC).
AMC's mobility aircraft include the C-5 Galaxy, KC-10 Extender, C-17 Globemaster III, C-130 Hercules, KC-135 Stratotanker and C-141 Starlifter. Operational support aircraft are the VC-25 (Air Force One), C-9, C-20, C-21, C-32, C-37, C-40 and UH-1.
Two expeditionary mobility task forces, the 15th EMTF at Travis AFB, Calif., and the 21st EMTF at McGuire AFB, N.J., report to the 18th AF.
The Tanker Airlift Control Center, located at Scott AFB, also reports to the 18th AF along with AMC's wings and groups located inside the continental United States. The TACC is the agency for centralized command and control of Air Force and commercial contract air mobility assets.
Air Mobility Operations Groups at Travis AFB and Hickam AFB, Hawaii, report to the 18th AF through the 15th EMTF; those at McGuire AFB and Ramstein Air Base, Germany, report to the 18th AF through the 21st EMTF. The two EMTFs serve as lead agencies for conducting mobility operations worldwide. Each of the EMTFs is commanded by a general officer responsible for leading the efforts of the four Air Mobility Operation Groups and their subordinate units providing worldwide expeditionary mobility support.
AMC's active-duty operational wings are:
- 89th Airlift Wing located at Andrews AFB, Md.
- 437th AW located at Charleston AFB, S.C.
- 436th AW located at Dover AFB, Del
- 92nd Air Refueling Wing located at Fairchild AFB, Wash
- 319th ARW located at Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
- 6th Air Mobility Wing located at MacDill AFB, Fla.
- 62nd AW located at McChord AFB, Wash.
- 22nd ARW located at McConnell AFB, Kan.
- 305th AMW located at McGuire AFB
- 43rd AW located at Pope AFB, N.C.
- 375th AW located at Scott AFB;
- 60th AMW located at Travis AFB
In mobilization, AMC gains 71 air reserve component units at group level or above.