- See also changes related to De-Ba'athification, or pages that link to De-Ba'athification or to this page or whose text .
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Saddam Hussein : (1937–2006) Deposed and executed ruler of Iraq.
- Peace operations : Operations other than all-out war, conducted by neutral parties, to ensure the continuance of a peace, or, in the face of resistance, to enforce it.
- John Abizaid : Retired general, United States Army; succeeded GEN Tommy Franks to head United States Central Command after Iraq War, major combat phase; native Arabic speaker; fellow, Hoover Institution; Former Senior Advisor, Preventive Defense Project, Belfer Center, 2007-2009; Defense Department senior mentor program
- L. Paul Bremer : Retired American Foreign Service Officer and counterterrorism specialist who was Presidential Envoy to Iraq in 2003-2004, running the Coalition Provisional Authority
- Ahmed Chalabi : An Iraqi politician, who spent much of his time in exile or in Kurdistan, who has declining influence in the current situation but is still regarded as well-connected
- Douglas Feith : An American strategic analyst, associated with neoconservatism, who held posts including Under Secretary of Defense for Policy in 2001-2005, when he advised Donald Rumsfeld on the Iraq War; fellow of the Hudson Institute
- Tommy Franks : Head of United States Central Command during the start of the Afghanistan War (2001-) and Iraq War; retired as a general
- Iraqi Leadership Council : A group of Iraqi expatriate and Kurdish insurgent leaders, who advised the U.S. before and during the Iraq War but was not made an interim governing body
- Condoleeza Rice : Academic political scientist, then Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and U.S. Secretary of State in the George W. Bush Administration
- Donald Rumsfeld : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush Administration (2001-2008); was the oldest secretary and earlier the youngest secretary in the Administration (1975-1977); major policymaker after the 9-11 attack; advisor, Project for the New American Century
- Denazification : Policies and procedures for extirpating Nazi influence from German after the Second World War