Cricket (sport)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Cricket (sport), or pages that link to Cricket (sport) or to this page or whose text .
- Sport: Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Club-ball sports: Those sports which are held to have evolved from a generic activity that has loosely been termed "club-ball". It is essentially any activity in which a ball is struck by a bat, club, racquet, or stick. The main examples are cricket, croquet, cue sports, baseball, golf, the hockey group, and tennis.
- Glossary of cricket: An A to Z listing of common terms used in the sport of cricket.
- International Cricket Council: The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the world governing body of cricket.
- The Laws of Cricket: Codification of the rules and regulations of cricket. Copyright is owned by Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
Other main subtopics
- Batting (cricket): Batting in cricket is the act of hitting the ball with the bat in order to score runs or to defend the wicket.
- Bowling (cricket): In cricket, the act of delivering the ball from one end of the pitch to the other. The player who performs delivery is the bowler and his target is the wicket defended by a batsman at the other end of the pitch.
- Dismissal (cricket): Several means by which a batter in cricket may be declared "out".
- Fielding (cricket): Fielding positions and tactics in the sport of cricket.
- First-class cricket: Class of cricket matches of three or more days scheduled duration, between two sides of eleven players and officially adjudged first-class by virtue of the standard of the competing teams.
- History of cricket: High-level summary of the sport's development from its perceived origins in medieval England to the present day.
- Limited overs cricket: A form of top-class cricket in which the teams have one innings of, usually, fifty overs each.
- Scoring (cricket): Methods of scoring and recording scores in cricket.
- Test cricket: The highest standard of international cricket involving teams with full membership of the ICC. Matches are scheduled for up to five days.
- Twenty20: A type of limited overs cricket in which the teams have one innings of twenty overs each.