Computer security/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Computer security, or pages that link to Computer security or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Computer security. Needs checking by a human.
- Buffer overflow : In computers and computer security, occurs when more data is written to a memory buffer than can fit into the memory buffer.
- CAPTCHA : A Turing test employed most frequently in websites to discriminate between humans and computer programs.
- Canary value : Add brief definition or description
- Classified information : Material collected or created by a government that is subject to limitations on its release to the general public and may have penalties for its unauthorized release.
- Computer science : The study of how computers work, and the algorithms, data structures and design principles used in their operation and programming.
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Cryptanalysis : The sub-field of cryptology which deals with breaking into existing codes and ciphers.
- Distributed computing : A strategy for improving the speed of highly parallelizable tasks by distributing pieces of the problem across many computers that together form a distributed computing system, e.g. BOINC, SETI@home.
- Extranet : A predefined set of networked computers, under the control of different enterprises, that can communicate with one another for well-defined, secure application processing.
- Government Communications Headquarters : The British government agency responsible for signals intelligence and information assurance
- Hacker : An expert, a problem solver, and generally a brilliant programmer. In popular usage, those who illegally break into computer systems.
- Information assurance : The combination of computer security, communications security, auditing and administrative controls such as physical security and personnel security clearances
- Internet Protocol security architecture : A structure and set of abstract techniques for implementing various security features, according to the requirements of a specific security policy, in Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Intranet : A set of networked computers, under one administration, which can only communicate with one another.
- Software Engineering Institute : Add brief definition or description
- Virtual private network : The emulation of a private Wide Area Network (WAN) facility using IP facilities, including the public Internet or private IP backbones.