Civil society/External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Tufts University Press has a Civil Society book series that includes a number of readers and article collections.
- The Jossey-Bass Division of John Wiley has a nonprofit management and leadership series.
- Union of International Associations Web Resources
- University Press Books for Understanding Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Volunteer Management Bibliographies
- World Health Organization Annotated Bibliography
- World Bank - NGOs, civil society and youth
Encyclopedias, dictionaries and other reference material
- Philanthropy in America Google Books preview. (Not in public domain)
- Encyclopedia of Social Reform (1897) Google Books full-text of the original publication (now in the public domain).
For younger students (up to age 14±)
Guides, portals and other general
Important and credible blogs
Important and credible discussion lists
Journals and periodicals
- International Journal of Not-for-profit Law
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly
- The Nonprofit Quarterly
- Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing
- The Nonprofit Review (Japanese NPO Research Association)
- African Centre for Civil Society Law
- Civil Society Institute
- The United Nations and Civil Society
- International Center for Civil Society Law
Search engines and Web directories
- Guidestar Search for most U.S. nonprofits in the IRS datafile.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics A project of the Urban Institute.
- Center for Civil Society (UCLA)
- Center for Democracy and Civil Society (Georgetown)
- Center on Philanthropy (Indiana University)
- Southwest Institute on Religion & Civil Society (NM)
- Center for Civil Society Studies (Johns Hopkins University)
- Civil Society Institute (Santa Clara University)
- Centre for Civil Society (London School of Economics)
- Hauser Center (Harvard University)
- Institute for Nonprofit Management (University of Georgia)
- Mandel Center for Nonprofit Organizations (Case Western Reserve University)
- Research Group on Europäische Zivilgesellschaft (Muenster)
- Saguaro Seminar (Harvard University)
- Social Economy Centre (University of Toronto)