Charles Darwin/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Charles Darwin, or pages that link to Charles Darwin or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Biography : A narrative account of a person's life.
- Scientist : A person employing the scientific method to gather information about a system of interest; often used in the narrow sense of people engaged with natural sciences.
- The Origin of Species : 1859 book by Charles Darwin expounding the theory of evolution through natural selection
- Voyage of the Beagle : Add brief definition or description
- Charles Darwin's illness : Speculation as to the nature of Charles Darwin's illness.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Mutation : Changes to the DNA sequence that cause new genetic variation.
- Natural selection : The differential survival and/or reproduction of classes of entities that differ in one or more characteristics
- Darwin Awards : Humorous award given to those who "do a Service to Humanity by removing themselves from the Gene pool".
- Shrewsbury : Add brief definition or description Birthplace of Darwin
- Darwin's Frog : Add brief definition or description – a species of Frog named after Charles Darwin.
- : A Galápagos tortoise, possibly collected by Darwin; died 23 June, 2006 at an estimated age of 175.
- Alfred Russel Wallace : (1823 – 1913) British explorer and naturalist, discovered the principle of natural selection independently of Darwin.
- Alexander von Humboldt : Add brief definition or description
- Ernst Häckel : Add brief definition or description
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : (1749 - 1832) German writer, poet, and philosopher; still considered the greatest writer of German literature
- : The great-great grandson of Charles Darwin who wrote a book about him, his daughter, and human evolution.
- Patrick Matthew : Add brief definition or description – an amateur evolutionary theorist and contemporary of Darwin.