- See also changes related to Caribbean, or pages that link to Caribbean or to this page or whose text .
- Americas : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Americas (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Archipelago : A chain of islands.
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Caribbean Sea : Add brief definition or description
Countries and territories
- Central America : Southernmost region of North America, comprising Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; borders Mexico, Colombia, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean (area approximately 524,000km²/202,000mi²; population about 42 million).
- North America : The third largest continent; area 24,709,000 km² ; pop. 523,736,000 (est. July 2007)
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.
- Slavery : A social system in which people have legal rights of property ownership over others.
- Creole (language) : Native language, such as Haitian Creole, which under most definitions originated as a pidgin (a rudimentary language without native speakers, created by at least two groups of speakers as a contact language. i.e. to allow immediate communication) but became as complex as any other language through being acquired by children as a first language.