Caenorhabditis elegans/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Caenorhabditis elegans, or pages that link to Caenorhabditis elegans or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Caenorhabditis elegans. Needs checking by a human.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Gerontology : Biomedical, sociological and psychological study of aging.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Maximum life span : Measure of the maximum amount of time one or more members of a group has been observed to survive between birth and death.
- Micro RNA : Single-stranded RNA molecules of 21-23 nucleotides in length, which regulate gene expression.
- Mobile DNA : Blocks of DNA that are able to move and insert into new locations throughout the genome without needing DNA sequence similarity or requiring the process of homologous recombination to enable movement.
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- RNA interference : Process that inhibits the flow of genetic information to protein synthesis.
- Sex-determination system : A biological process that determines the development of sexual gender.
- Transposon : Blocks of conserved DNA that can occasionally move to different positions within the chromosomes of a cell.