CZ:Editorial Council Resolution 0004/Member position statements
except where they contradicted the merger. The following links are to archived and out-of-date pages:
• Resolutions • Log • Essential Policy •
This page contains the official positions of Citizendium Editorial Council Members about Editorial Council Resolution 0004.
The governing rules for discussion are found at Editorial Council Rules of Procedure. The following are reminders.
- Council Members should place their comments, limited to 600 words maximum, underneath their names on this page. Comments will be ordered based on when they first appeared on this page; new comments should simply be appended to the bottom.
- Members may edit their comments throughout the discussion period.
- Each Member will be required to read this page before voting.
- There are other methods of commentary on the resolution, but no commentary is required reading for Members other than this page.
- This page will be closed for editing when voting begins.
- The closing date for position statements can be found on the resolution page and will be announced on cz-editcouncil, followed by reminders. Note that Members may move to extend discussion.
Member position statements
Pretty much everything I want to say about this resolution can be found, in summary, in my original statement to the Council list. The importance of this resolution to the future of the Citizendium is difficult to understate. It provides a coherent and user-friendly framework for expanded scope of work, and helps us to distinguish ourselves usefully and meaningfully from Wikipedia. One advantage I probably have underemphasized, if I have said it anywhere at all, is that this really represents an advance in the use of the wiki model generally. Subpages have been around since 2001 (if not earlier), but to my knowledge, no one has used them in precisely the way we are about to do. We (Internauts) have barely begun to develop the best future tools and content development models--this development demonstrates that once again.