Boiling Water Reactor/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Boiling Water Reactor, or pages that link to Boiling Water Reactor or to this page or whose text contains "Boiling Water Reactor".
- Nuclear power reconsidered [r]: a reconsideration of nuclear power plants (using non-explosive nuclear reactions to make steam, which in turn is used to generate electricity) in light of current world factors [e]
- Radioactivity [r]: The property of the unstable nuclei of chemical elements to decay into another isotope, emitting energy or particles [e]
- Nuclear fission [r]: A reaction by which a nucleus of a suitable isotope of an element with a high atomic number splits into two nuclei of lower atomic numbers and one or more neutrons and a relatively large release of energy per atom. [e]
- Pressurized Water Reactor [r]: uses atomic fission to heat water in a primary loop, then pipes the heated water to a heat exchanger to generate steam in a secondary loop, then uses the steam to drive a turbine; only water in the primary loop becomes radioactive. [e]
- Nuclear power plant steam generation