Australian rules football/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Australian rules football, or pages that link to Australian rules football or to this page or whose text .
- Sport: Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Football (general): Any of a number of team sports which involve kicking and/or handling a ball with the purpose of territorial gain leading to the scoring of goals or points.
- American football: A high-contact sport played by two teams of 11 players on a 100-yard field that originated in the United States of America.
- Canadian football: A variant of American football that is played on a field that is wider and longer and with 12 players on a side.
- Football to 1900: A history of football's development through the 19th century from a folk activity into its modern variants.
- Gaelic football: An outdoor sport played by two teams of 15 players a side. It is a form of football using a round ball which the players may both handle and kick, with the object of kicking or punching the ball into the goal.
- Rugby league: A form of rugby football played in teams of thirteen. It began in 1895 as a breakaway sport from rugby union on the issue of professionalism.
- Rugby union: The original form of rugby football played in teams of fifteen. It was strictly amateur until 1995 when it opened up to professionalism.