Applied science/Related Articles
Applied science: Add brief definition or description
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
Contributors: see also the Citizendium Applied Arts and Sciences Workgroups
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Computers : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Food science : The study of food production, both agricultural and animal production, delivery, cooking and preservation.
- Health science : The helping professions that use applied science to improve health and to treat disease.
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Robotics : The science of designing, building, and using robots for a set of tasks.
- Business : A term that relates to the transaction of commerce.
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Library science : The study of issues related to libraries and the information fields.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Technology : Study and practice of applying knowledge creatively to tasks that involve both people and machines; also, the tools, equipment or other products that result from technological knowledge.