Afrikaans language/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Afrikaans language, or pages that link to Afrikaans language or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Afrikaans language. Needs checking by a human.
- Creole (language) : Native language, such as Haitian Creole, which under most definitions originated as a pidgin (a rudimentary language without native speakers, created by at least two groups of speakers as a contact language. i.e. to allow immediate communication) but became as complex as any other language through being acquired by children as a first language.
- Dutch language : West-Germanic language spoken by roughly 20 million people in the Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, and the Netherlands Antilles.
- German dialects : Dialect dominated by the geographical spread of the High German consonant shift, and the dialect continuum that connects the German with the Dutch language.
- Germanic languages : Branch of the Indo-European language family, initially spoken in northern and central Europe and now spread over many parts of the world.
- South Africa : The southernmost African nation; population about 50,000,000.