From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Osteoarthritis, or pages that link to Osteoarthritis or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Osteoarthritis. Needs checking by a human.
- Accidental fall : Fall due to slipping or tripping which results in injury.
- Acetaminophen : An analgesic antipyretic drug widely used for the treatment of headaches, fever and other minor aches and pains; has no antiinflammatory activity
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Arthritis : A group of medical conditions where there is damage caused to the joints of the body.
- Chiropractic : A complementary, alternative health-care profession that aims to heal using manual therapies on the spine and extremities.
- Chondroitin : A mucopolysaccharide constituent of chondrin.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Disease-modifying treatment : Medical treatments intended to halt or reverse the causative mechanism of a disease, rather than providing symptomatic release; they may have potentially more side effects than symptomatic treatment or watchful waiting
- Geriatrics : "the branch of medicine concerned with the physiological and pathological aspects of the aged, including the clinical problems of senescence and senility."(National Library of Medicine)
- Glucosamine : Amino sugar component of chitin, heparan sulphate, chondroitin sulphate and many complex polysaccharides, used in treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Lumbalgia : Common musculoskeletal disorder caused by a variety of diseases and trauma that affect the lumbar spine.
- Publication bias : Tendency for researchers, editors, and companies to handle the reporting of experimental results that are positive differently from results that are negative or inconclusive.
- Rheumatology : Medical specialty that deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of connective tissue diseases; a subspecialty of internal medicine
- S-adenosylmethionine : A coenzyme involved in methyl group transfers.