Military wings of political organizations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Military wings of political organizations, or pages that link to Military wings of political organizations or to this page or whose text .
- State of Iran : The system of governance, government, and opposition (including insurgency) in Iran; characterized by both a complex structure of six or more constitutional bodies, and ultimate religious authority under the doctrine of wilayat al-faqih
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps : Called the Pasdaran in Farsi, and the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution in English, the military and paramilitary force separate from the regular armed forces of Iran, with a strong religious motivation and clerical control; accused of being involved in terrorism
- Nazi Germany : The German state under National Socialism, 1933-1945
- Sturmabteilung : The Nazi "brownshirt" paramilitary organization, also known as the SA
- Schutzstaffel : A Nazi German organization, the "SS". technically part of the National Socialist German Workers' Party but in many respects a "state within a state", its functions intermingled with government offices in a manner characteristic of Adolf Hitler's desire to keep final control. While it is best known for its security and genocidal operations, it also had major economic and regular military roles, a far growth from its original role as Hitler's personal bodyguard
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Sinn Fein : Add brief definition or description
- National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam : A political movement, in South Vietnam, opposed to the Republic of Vietnam, and certainly dominated if not completely controlled by the North. It acted as a shadow government and had the Viet Cong as a military wing.
- Viet Cong : The military wing of the National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam (NLF); a generic term for Communist forces in South Vietnam during the Vietnam War
- Soviet Union : A Communist state, which took over the Russian Empire, after the Russian Revolution of 1917 that existed from 1922 to 1991; the major part now extant as the Russian Federation
- Ministry of the Interior (Soviet Union) : Add brief definition or description
- Organs of State Security : A generic term for Soviet intelligence and internal security organizations, from the Cheka to the KGB; traditionally a third of the power balance among the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and the Red Army; term continues in Russian usage with the FSB