Bagram Theater Internment Facility/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Bagram Theater Internment Facility, or pages that link to Bagram Theater Internment Facility or to this page or whose text .
- Prisoner of war : An individual who has been captured by an enemy in an area of war, and meets various conditions, defined principally by the Third Geneva Convention of 1949, which qualify the person as a lawful combatant
- War on terror : A major policy of the George W. Bush Administration, defining global terrorism, as opposed to nation-states as in the Cold War, as the focal point of national security policy
- Office for the Administrative Review of the Detention of Enemy Combatants : Add brief definition or description
- Combatant Status Review Tribunal : An administrative hearing, held between 2004 and 2005, to determine if an individual under U.S. extrajudicial detention was an enemy combatant or entitled to prisoner of war status
- George W. Bush : (1946–) 43rd U.S. President (Republican), elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004.
- Dick Cheney : (1941–) U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration and advocate of neoconservatism and unitary Presidential authority; currently a political commentator; U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George H. W. Bush Administration; spouse of Lynne Cheney; father of Liz Cheney
- Donald Rumsfeld : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush Administration (2001-2008); was the oldest secretary and earlier the youngest secretary in the Administration (1975-1977); major policymaker after the 9-11 attack; advisor, Project for the New American Century