Wake Island/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Wake Island, or pages that link to Wake Island or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Wake Island. Needs checking by a human.
- Chester Nimitz : United States Navy fleet admiral (1885-1966) who was Commander in Chief, Pacific and Pacific Ocean Areas in World War II
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- USS Andromeda (AKA-15) : An Andromeda class attack cargo ship.
- USS Scania (AKA-40) : Second World War Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Tulare (AKA-112) : U.S. Navy WWII C4 type attack cargo ship that operated from the 1950s into the late 1970s
- USS Turandot (AKA-47) : Artemis class attack cargo ship named after the minor planet 530 Turandot.
- USS Valeria (AKA-48) : Artemis-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.