Vibrio harveyi/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Vibrio harveyi, or pages that link to Vibrio harveyi or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Marine biology : The study of life in the seas and oceans.
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Fish : Any aquatic vertebrate animal that is typically ectothermic (or cold-blooded), covered with scales, and equipped with two sets of paired fins and several unpaired fins.
- Vibrionaceae : A family of facultatively anaerobic bacteria, containing the genera Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Photobacterium
- Vibrio (genus) : Gram-negative bacteria possessing a curved rod shape, typically found in saltwater, with some species causing serious diseases in humans and other animals such as cholera.