User talk:Rossella Bargiacchi
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 14:41, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
nice to see you coming in here. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. Most of the articles would benefit from illustrations (or improved ones), though to what extent and how are currently subject to debate. But of course, you are welcome to contribute text, equations, videos, links and other materials too. For a start, I display below the current state of CZ articles related to your interests (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- International economics : The study of the patterns and consequences of transactions and interactions between the inhabitants of different countries, including trade, investment and migration.
- Ecological economics : Add brief definition or description
- Statistics : A branch of mathematics that specializes in enumeration, or counted, data and their relation to measured data.
- Graphic design : Art and profession of selecting and arranging visual elements such as typography, images, symbols, and colours, to convey a message to an audience.
- Visual arts : Creative fields that produce works primarily experienced through the sense of sight.
- Visualization : Add brief definition or description
- Academia : An umbrella term for scholars and their institutions.
- Eurodoc : Add brief definition or description
- PhD : A common abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy.
- Breda : Add brief definition or description
- Tilburg : Add brief definition or description
- Soest (Utrecht) : Add brief definition or description
- Soesterduinen : Add brief definition or description
- Netherlands : Constitutional monarchy (population c. 16.6 million; capital Amsterdam) located at the delta of three major rivers (Rhine, Maas or Meuse, and Schelde) in north-western Europe; situated between Germany and Belgium, and bordering the North Sea to the north and west; founding member of the European Union.
- Siena : Add brief definition or description
- Italy : Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Enjoy your time here! --Daniel Mietchen 20:21, 30 June 2010 (UTC)